Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Recipe of the week: Pineapple Salsa

I saw a recipe similar to this awhile back and last night I thought I'd make my own. (It's similar to my orange salsa recipe from last May.) I ate some last night with grilled chicken and had a little tonight with mahi mahi...good stuff. If you try it let me know what you think. A Votre Sante!



Pineapple Salsa
3 cups fresh pineapple cut into small pieces (about 1/2 of a large pineapple)
2 1/2 cups tomatoes chopped
2 cups chopped onion (I used a sweet onion)
1 large Anahiem chile diced (you could also use jalapenos)
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
1/2 tsp dried red pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 fresh ground pepper

Cook the onion, chile, salt pepper and red pepper in a large pan until just tender. Remove from heat and let cool. In a large bowl toss pineapple, tomatoes, onions, pepper and cilantro. Serve with whatever you like, enjoy!