Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, September 30, 2011

Recipe of the week: Bellissimo

Several years ago I spent a week at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas and discovered an amazing cocktail.  Sadly, when I was there this past week, it's no longer on the menu.  Good thing I called and asked for the recipe way back when.  I told the bartender what was in it and since he had everything on hand, he was able to come up with a pretty good imitation.  Here's the original recipe (or at least what they told me and how I've been making it).  Let me know what you think.  A Votre Sante!  


1 Shot Red Alize
1 Shot Bicardi Limon
1 Shot sweet and sour mix
2 large dashes Angostura bitters


Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice; shake vigorously until very cold. Strain into a tulip shaped glass or champagne flute, serve with slices of lemon and orange.  Enjoy!