Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Recipe of the week: Pumpkin Crisp

Nothing says fall like pumpkin, it seems like all the stores have pumpkin stuff right now.  I am not a fan of pumpkin pie, I don't like the texture, but I do like the flavor.  I made this the other day and it was delicious.  I used a cake mix from Trader Joe's because it has less junk in it than others.  Let me know what you think.  A Votre Sante!

Pumpkin Crisp

1 15 oz can of pumpkin
2 eggs
1 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup of sugar (I used raw)
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 butter or white cake mix
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 stick of butter melted

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl until eggs are incorporated.  Pour into a 9X13 pan that you have sprayed with cooking spray.  Sprinkle cake mix over the top so it's evenly distributed.  Top with the chopped nuts.  Drizzle butter over the top and bake for about 45 minutes or until the knife comes out clean.  Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.  Enjoy!