Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, July 23, 2010

Update

Well, it's been a month or so since I updated this blog. I've been working a lot, which has been good, I love feeling productive. Unfortunately, my back has been hurting for about the same time. The thought occurred to me the other night that it might be grief. Sure enough, when I spoke that out some relief came.

The truth is, I thought I was okay with turning 40 and I thought I was okay with Jade going off to college, turns out I'm not okay with either. I've been doing the best I can to just put one foot in front of the other the last month or so. Jade had severe separation anxiety when she was little, I think I'm now the one experiencing it. Blah. So that's what I know. We're having a graduation/going away party for her on August 14 (one week after my birthday... I figure I'll celebrate at some point...my first born leaving kinda trumps all else). Move in date at LMU is Aug. 27....