Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence vs. Relationship

I can hardly believe today is the 4th of July! This year is just flying by. Happy Independence Day. I am grateful to live in this country, grateful for my freedom, grateful to those who have died to make it possible.

I used to pride myself on being an independent type of girl. A couple of years ago I read an amazing book called 'The Shack'. This quote challenged me: "When you chose independence over relationship, you became a danger to each other. Others became objects to be manipulated or managed for your own happiness. Authority, as you usually think of it, is merely an excuse the strong use to make others conform to what they want." - Sarayu, These days I'm trying to choose relationship more often. Even when it means being late, or not getting something done. I've found it to be worth it. I'm certainly not perfect at it, and sometimes need to be reminded, but in the end our relationships are we've got (according to Sara Groves).

I hope this day finds you well and surrounded by love, beauty and relationships.

Ciao.