Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Recipe of the week: Tomato & Avocado Salad




The first time I had this salad was 10 years ago when my Aunt was visiting for my sister's wedding, I've been making it ever since, with a few twists. Sometimes I use kalmata olives instead of black olives and sometimes I add a little feta cheese on the top. (I made it last night with tomatoes out of my garden and it was wonderful!) As always, play with it and find out what you like. Let me know what you think. A Votre Sante!

4-5 large tomatoes diced
3-4 avocados cut into small chunks
1-2 can(s) black olives cut in half
2 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Add the tomatoes and olives in a medium to large bowl, drizzle with olive oil gently fold in the avocado. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve right away so the avocados don't brown.