Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Recipe of the week: Mango Chicken Curry

This is pretty easy to make and has lots of flavor.  I use red curry paste but I'm sure you could use another color if you like it more mild.  I made it once with zucchini instead of the peas, it was good but I like the peas better.  If you try it, let me know what you think.  A Vorte Sante!

1 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into small pieces
2 cups chopped cauliflower
1 cup peas (I used frozen)
1 cup chopped mango (I used frozen)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp red curry paste
1 can light coconut milk

In a large skillet saute onion in oil, add chicken and cook over medium heat until the chicken is mostly done.  Add cauliflower cook for 2-4 minutes, then add peas and mango.  Stir in red curry paste, then add coconut milk and salt, stir until the curry paste is combined.  Cook until the cauliflower is tender.  Serve with rice or flatbread.