Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, December 2, 2011

Things I love about December

So here we are, already December 2nd.  There's lots of things I love about this time of year, so I thought I'd share a few with you.  These are in no particular order.

  1. I love how most everyone is friendly
  2. Hearing Christmas songs like O Holy Night in the grocery store, what other time of year would you hear a worship song at Vons!
  3. Reading Luke 2 and drinking homemade hot cocoa on Christmas Eve
  4. Getting to say Merry Christmas or Happy New Year instead of just 'Hello', it's so much more fun.
  5. Going to look at Christmas lights
  6. Making cookies and marshmallows with my kids, sister, niece and nephews
  7. Baking some of my favorite bread and cookie recipes and taking them to friends
  8. My mom's English toffee, it's the only time of year she makes it
  9. Getting together with friends and family just because
  10. Dressing up, just to be festive
What are your favorite things about the Holidays?