Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Recipe of the week: Sweet potato hash

The other day I had a couple of left over sweet potatoes, I used them up by making a hash. We liked it so much I'm making it again tonight. This is a vegan recipe, if you want to make it Paleo, don't use the beans...you can always add meat to it. Let me know what you think. A Votre Sante! Sweet Potato Hash 2-3 medium cooked sweet potatoes peeled and diced 1-2 Tbsp olive oil 5 oz mushrooms (I used Crimini) 1 large zucchini quartered and chopped 3-4 green onions chopped (white and green) 1 can black beans hand full of cilantro 1/2 tsp salt pinch of cumin pepper to taste In a large skillet, heat oil, saute mushrooms on medium heat for 2 minutes then add the zucchini. After 2-3 more minutes add the green onion and sweet potatoes. Drain the black beans and add salt, pepper, and cumin. After everything is heated thoroughly add the cilantro. Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy.