Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Recipe of the week: Spinach Artichoke Pasta

I was reading this blog the other day and thought hmm, why didn't I ever of that!  My family loves my spinach artichoke dip found here.  I'm always looking for stuff I can do ahead of time or in the crock pot since I never know when football practice is going to end and how much time I'll have to fix dinner.  Let me know what you think of my version.  A Votre Sante!




I lightened up mine a bit, plus made a smaller amount, here's what I did different:

Spinach Artichoke Pasta

2 Tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp flour
2 cups of 2% milk
salt and pepper to taste
1 can artichoke hearts quarted
1 bag baby spinach
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
3 oz mozzarella
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 lb Mostaccioli (it's like Penne only not ribbed, my nana always used it, Barilla makes it)


Cook Mostaccioli according to package, al dente.  Drain and set aside, covered.
Over medium heat melt butter, add garlic.  Once browned add flour to make a roux.  Add milk, wisk until smooth, keep stirring once it's bubbly turn down to simmer and add Parmesan cheese and vegetable broth.  Minus the vegetable broth and you have an Alfredo sauce...keep going if you want more.  Add the mozzarella, artichoke hearts and 1/2 of the spinach.  Once the pasta is drained and back in its pot you can pour the mixture on top.  You can stop there if you want, otherwise get out a 9X13 pan.  Pour the pasta/sauce mixture, stir in the rest of the bag of spinach.  Top with an addition sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.   Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.  Enjoy!