Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Resolutions vs. Small Changes

A lot of people I know made New Years resolutions and have already abandoned them.  I read that 60% of the people that make resolutions are regarding health, these are the top four:  lose weight, quit drinking, exercise more, and quit smoking.  I think sometimes resolutions set you up to fail because it's an all or nothing mentality.  I'd rather strive for progress instead of perfection.

So,  in an attempt to keep it real and in striving for progress, I thought I'd share a couple of things I've been keeping track of.  For January, I had a total of 16 workouts.  Sixteen out of 31 days was not my goal, but considering I didn't do anything until the 7th due to illness (either I was sick or had a sickie at home) 16 out of 25 is okay.

Another small change I wanted to make was to juice more, not every day because sometimes even that can sometimes cause stress.  My goal was to make juice (primarily vegetable) every other day, that hasn't happened either but hey I've done it 3-4 times a week, so I'm going with this as a win.  I was taking one of Christian's friends home the other day and we were talking about diet.  Christian proceeded to tell him how nasty my vegetable juice is but then said "dude, you feel so good after drinking it!"  Another win.

Another goal of mine was to get outside and enjoy beauty more, so far I haven't done that, but I surely hope you have.

I hope you find beauty all around you....ciao.

xo,
B