Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, April 20, 2013

A little Spring update...


Spring has definitely sprung here in southern California, everything is in bloom and the flowers are beautiful this year.  I thought I'd give you a quick update on what we're up to.

I haven't been blogging as much, I've been using my phone more since my laptop died back in December.  I do use my desktop sometimes but it's not nearly as convenient.   Last month I got a new phone, available here.  My old one was a first generation Andriod and having all kinds of issues, I really like the new one and I now have an Instagram :)

Erskien and I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary on March 30, which happened to be Easter weekend so we had our date the following weekend.  There are days when it seems like it can't have possibly been that long, then I look at my kids and think yeah, it's been that long, they're almost adults now.  I'm still working part time at Anthropologie and working on a couple of projects, more on that later.  I've been really enjoying doing more yoga the last few months, I'm still working out 4-5 days a week just not lifting as much.

The college journey part 2 with Jade has ended up with her deciding to transfer to UCR in the fall.  She got into UCI, UCSC, UCSB, CSULB, Cal Poly Pomona, and with all things being about equal she chose UCR.  Most of you know she had some health problems two years ago and had to come home from LMU.  She's been at RCC since then, doing very well...Deans list every semester.  By staying in Riverside she will be able to stay with the same doctor and she's close to home, plus she's made some good friends locally, and we all know how hard it is to start over.

Last week, I went to a football meeting for next year with Christian, it's hard to believe he's going to be a senior!  A few weeks ago he went on a ride along with OCFD and he loved it, he feels like he was made for it.  He plans to pursue becoming a firefighter/EMT when he graduates next May.

A couple of months ago, Mackenzie decided she wanted to run track, (much to her dad's delight!) and she loves it, she's even talking about running cross country for next year.  She gets a little nervous about us watching her so I try to sneak in and sit in the bleachers without her noticing and it never fails that one of her friends tells her I'm there.  When I asked how they knew I was her mom, they said because she's my mini me.

So there you have it sports fans.  We're all healthy and doing well, navigating the challenges we do have with as much grace for each other as possible....what more can you ask for.

Have a beauty-filled day.

Ciao!