Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Recipe of the week: Sun-dried tomato and avocado pasta

Avocados are a staple year round at our house.  I ended up with 3 that are perfectly ripe, normally I'd make guacamole but I wasn't in the mood for mexican food so I made this instead.  I would be really good with artichoke hearts too but I didn't have any.  Let me know what you think.  A Votre Sante!



Sun-dried tomato and avocado pasta.

2 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb. cooked pasta
1 onion, chopped
1 orange or yellow pepper, diced
1 shallot, chopped
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 large avocado, diced
1/4 balsamic vinegar
salt, pepper, basil, Parmesan cheese to taste



Cook pasta according to package.  (You could always use gluten free pasta, I didn't this time.)  While the pasta is cooking saute the onions, shallot, and pepper in olive oil until tender.  Add sun-dried tomatoes, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and basil.  Pour over cooked pasta and top with diced avocado, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!