Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Fairy tales take work

I met my husband 20 years ago in January. A fairy tale in the making. I lived in Southern California, he lived in New Jersey and we met in the Caribbean. Who would have thought! The way it all happened reminds me of the saying "sometimes in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a Fairy Tale". Fourteen months later we were married. We thought we were doing everything right. We almost didn't make it through year 13. We've been to the edge of divorce and thankfully, with good counseling, (thank you Mike & Marla Maynard) and learning what the Word of God had to say about marriage (we had no clue), we made it. *Whew* I'd say we're happier now than ever. This month we celebrate our 19th anniversary. We're working our way to happily ever after.

What we've learned is that marriage can be love and war. I just finished reading the book by the same title (Love & War) by John and Stasi Eldredge. It's their best book yet, in my opinion. Certainly the most relevant, because anyone who is married, knows this isn't for the faint of heart. So grab a copy and let me know what you think.

I pray you have a beauty-filled week.

Ciao