Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Harder than I thought

This is way harder than I thought. Don't get me wrong I'm super excited for my daughter to be going off to college, I just didn't think (probably naive on my part) that it would be this hard. Today she said good bye to lots of people at church, people that have poured into her life, and ours and have loved her well, it was hard, hard for her, hard for me and probably hard for them. Crying sucks, it leaves you with a big fat head ache.

I feel in some ways that I'm getting a do-over. I didn't leave home on good terms and this has been a process for all of us. To get what she needs, think of all the things that may come up... a time for all of us to process. It's good, hard but good. I'm really proud of the woman that Jade has become. Right now my job is to release her into God's hands. *sigh* Easier said than done.

Life can be such a beautiful thing and yet so painful. Find some beauty this week and I'll try to do the same.

Ciao