Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pat Albert D'Amato

A month ago today my uncle Pat died. He was born April 29, 1955 and died July 25, 2010, he was 55 years old. He died of a massive heart attack at about 4:30 in the morning, he probably didn't know he had a heart condition. Fifty-five! Gosh, that seems so young to me, especially since my husband just turned 53.

Pat and I were once close, not so much in the last several years. My grandmother (Nana) was the glue that held this family together, and when she got sick and then passed, the family scattered. It really makes me sad. It's been quite a month, trying to deal with Pat's estate and get Jade ready for college. Pat loved the outdoors, was always helping someone do something. He never married or had children, his friends were his family. He was living in Carson City for the last 15 years or so but he lived in some other amazing places as well. When I was little we all lived in Mammoth and that's where his memorial service is going to be, Minaret Vista Sunday September 5th at 5:30 pm. Pat helped found the Mammoth Lakes Search and Rescue Team and there will be a reunion held at O'Harrel Canyon on Saturday September 4, starting at around 11:00 am. I know that my Uncle Pat will be very missed, may he rest in peace.




(This picture was taken in Zion National Park, March 2010)