Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Recipe of the week: Spinach Frittata

I'm a big fan of breakfast for dinner.  Pancakes, omelettes, waffles, frittatas, vegetable egg bake, you name it we'll eat it for dinner.  Tonight I was short on time and only have one kid at home so I whipped up a frittata.  I'm a big fan of using whatever you have in the frig so along with the spinach and tomato I threw in a few mushrooms  and the last bit of Gorgonzola I had and viola in less than 30 minutes.  You can use just about anything you have on hand.  A Votre Sante!



3 cups spinach
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chopped garlic or 1 clove chopped
1-2 roma tomatoes chopped
4-5 chopped mushrooms
3 eggs
3 egg whites
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used Monterey jack)
1 Tbsp Gorgonzola
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In an oven proof pan (mine is cast iron), saute garlic and spinach in the olive oil for about 2 minutes.  Add the tomato and mushroom, saute for another minute.  Set aside.  Crack and beat eggs and egg whites, add a little bit of salt and pepper.



Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and top with cheese.



Bake for about 13-15 minutes or until the eggs are set and the cheese is bubbly.  Enjoy.