Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Recipe of the week: Vegetable Zinger

Nothing packs a nutritional punch like vegetable juice.  Fresh vegetable juice, not the kind you get at the store.  I like to add a 1/2 a piece of fruit to mine just to sweeten it up a bit.  I really like pear in this combo but I didn't have any ripe ones so I used 1/2 an apple instead.  I call this vegetable zinger because the lemon and the ginger give it a kick.  If you don't like ginger then don't use it, ginger is very good for your digestive system .  If you don't have any kale you could try using spinach.  Let me know what you think.  A Votre Sante!

What you'll need:
A juicer and organic produce

3 stalks of celery
2 carrots
1 beet
5 leaves of curly kale
1 lemon
1 1 inch piece of ginger
1/2 an apple

Drink within 30 minutes of juicing for maximum benefit.