Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, June 4, 2012

Recipe of the week: Kale Salsa

I'm a big fan of using what you have for dinner or any other meal.  We were out of salsa and I was too lazy to go to the store to get some so this is what I came up with....basically cleaning out my frig.  Let me know what you think.  A Votre Sante!


3-4 kale leaves, chopped
small handful of fresh basil leaves cut into small pieces or strips (Chiffonade)
3-4 green onions chopped, both green and white parts
2-3 tomatoes diced
1/2 cup fresh pineapple diced
juice of one lime
1 tsp olive oil
3-4 slices of pickled jalapenos (I had some in the frig)
1 tsp of pickled jalapeno juice
dash of cumin
dash of cayenne pepper
salt to taste
pepper to taste










Chop your vegetables, fruit, and jalapenos.  Mix in a medium bowl or larger if your doubling or tripling this...you might want to based on my families response!  Add the lime juice, spices, and jalapeno juice.  Let sit for a few minutes and serve.  Enjoy.