Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, January 8, 2010

Get moving...

When I told my friend what this blog is about, she held her breath for a second because I said it was all about the F words. These words are....faith, food, fitness, fashion and family, all starting with F. Hee hee. =)

Have any of you seen the movie Julie and Julia? One of the things I didn't like about it is that Julie let her health and her relationships go to hell while she was working on her blog/project. I'm a big fan of exercise and staying in shape. The key there, in my opinion, is finding something you like to do. I've been through phases where I've worked out in a gym (weight training and cardio). I've also done kickboxing, aerobics, pilates, yoga, walking and running lots of miles, and I used to jump on the trampoline in our back yard. When it comes to exercise, you have to do something you like to do or you won't do it.

My husband runs barefoot, I think he's nuts. Running on the beach? Absolutely. But asphalt, not so much. However, he loves it and it works for him. As for me, I'm just back to walking and doing some pilates. Exercise is important for your health and your well being because we were made to move! So, my encouragement for you today is find something you like to do and get moving, weather permitting, of course.

Have a beauty-filled day.

Ciao