Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy Birthday, Christian!

This morning at 12:24 am my son turned 15. He was 9lbs 6oz and 19 1/2 inches long, two weeks ago at his physical he was 180 lbs 5'9" and wears a size 12 shoe! Big difference. It's hard to believe it's been 15 years since I first held him. It goes by very fast.

I'm the first to admit that raising a child takes a village. I feel like this is doubly true for me trying to raise a boy. I don't have any brothers and wasn't really around many boys growing up so having a son and being introduced to the world of boys was like another planet for me. I am very grateful for the people that have come alongside us in raising Christian. Teachers, coaches, pastors and youth leaders, thank you.

I've always thought you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat children and pets. Christian has probably rescued 6 dogs and little kids love him. He has a heart of gold, he's smart, athletic, kind, loves God and loves his family and friends. I've been honored these last 15 years to be his mom. Happy Birthday, son...I love you.