Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Recipe of the week: Chinese Chicken Salad

I think I've tried every Chinese chicken salad out there and I like my homemade version the best. It's super easy especially if you use bagged salad or coleslaw mix, prepared dressing and left over chicken. If I don't have time to make my own dressing I usually use Newman's Sesame Ginger dressing or Trader Joe's sesame soy ginger dressing. The great thing about this recipe is you can double it or triple it depending on how much you want to make, it's a great recipe for parties or bar-be-ques. I don't usually add wontons or dried Asian noodles, but you can if you want. As always if you try it let me know what you think. A Votre Sante!



3 cups of sliced or shredded chicken breast
1 head of romaine lettuce cut or torn into pieces
3 cups of shredded cabbage or a bag of coleslaw mix, no dressing
1 can of mandarin oranges, drained
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
cilantro leaves, to taste I usually use about 6 sprigs
sliced green onions to taste, I use about 3 full onions
Sesame ginger dressing to taste
Dried Asian noodles or wontons if desired

Toss everything into a large bowl and enjoy!