Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Recipe of the week: Spicy Peanut Sauce

I've been making this sauce for a long time....the first time I made it was over spring break my junior year of high school in Park City, Utah (my dad and I were there skiing for the week). You can use this on stir fries, marinate chicken in it or use as a base for Pad Thai. I usually use unfiltered apple juice in the jar, this time I juiced an apple. For those who have an allergy to peanuts you can use almond butter or any nut butter. I used raw peanut butter that I made myself and Mother's Market but you can use any kind you like. Let me know what you think. A Votre Sante!


3/4 to 1 cup of apple juice
1/4 cup peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
1/2 to 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
salt to taste

Pour the apple juice in a sauce pan, add the peanut butter and stir until smooth, add pepper and salt. Serve while warm over vegetables or refrigerate and use as a marinade or dipping sauce. Enjoy.