Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Recipe of the week: Asparagus Artichoke Salad

I saw a recipe similar to this over the weekend and decided I wanted to try it, of course with my own twist. I roasted the asparagus with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. This is really easy to throw together. You could add some grated Parmesan cheese if you like or even a little feta would be good (I didn't have either, there's always next time!) Let me know what you think. A Votre Sante!



1 lb of asparagus, trimmed
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
butter lettuce, one head torn or a bag
1 can artichoke hearts in water, quartered
kosher salt
pepper
juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tbsp)
1 tbsp of olive oil

While the asparagus is cooking (about 6 minutes in the broiler or on the grill) put the lettuce, tomatoes and artichoke hearts in a large bowl. Once the asparagus is cooked you want to cut it into bite sized pieces and add to the rest of the salad. Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper (as much or as little as you like) and toss. Serve immediately. Enjoy!