Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 26, 2010

Offense

I am part of a wonderful group of women who are doing a book study.  We're going through 'When the Heart Waits' by Sue Monk Kidd.  We go rather slowly and  have incredible conversations about what we're reading.  We're all on the journey of discovering who we really are and trying to live authentically.  Yesterday we were talking about being offended.  The Bible says not to be easily offended.  I know I have been guilty of being easily offended more than a few times.  One of the gals said "offense is just an invitation to a conversation".  Wow.  That caused a major paradigm shift.  What if next time I'm offended, instead of getting all upset and defensive I just open up a dialog?  Hm.  What if? 

Well, that's my pondering for the day.  I thought someone might relate.

I hope you're having a beauty-filled day.

Ciao.