Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, April 1, 2010

A time for everything...

Today has been a sad day.  I said good-bye to a wonderful friend who is moving back to Maine.  It's a painful reminder that things change, people move on.  *sigh*  Last year at this time our dear friends from Minnesota were here and and it was so fun to do things with them during Holy week.  We were all hoping to make it a tradition and unfortunately it hasn't worked out that way.  Grief and disappointment are curious things.  Growing up I don't think I was "allowed" to feel disappointment, the overwhelming message was suck it up and get over it.  Yuck.

Most of us aren't comfortable with grief.  We don't know how to grieve and we just end up stuffing it, at least I do.  And yet life is full of grief and disappointment.  Little things, big things, death, loss of jobs, loss of relationships, kids growing up and moving out.  All of which need to be grieved.  Mackenzie and I had lunch with our friend this afternoon.  After a tearful good-bye, I told Mackenzie it's okay to feel sad.  It's okay to grieve, we will stay in touch with her but it will be different.   I want to do things different...I want my kids to know that its okay to feel loss. I wish someone had told me that sooner. Sometimes when I'm parenting my children, I realize I'm also giving myself a "do-over".  Ecclesiastes 3 says there is a time for everything 4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; A time to mourn, and a time to dance.  So as I walk into Good Friday, I'm grieving, and looking forward to Easter/Resurrection day, which will be a time to dance.

My prayer is that we may all find the life of God through Jesus, because He died that we might have life.

Have a beauty-filled weekend.

Ciao.