Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, May 24, 2010

Just had to get something off my chest

I've recently become aware that a few people have "un-friended" me on facebook because I've offended them.  Well, I stand by what I've said before, sometimes you have to offend the mind to expose the heart.  I think if I have offended someone (unintentionally) then, it's probably more about them than it is about me.  Instead of being offended why not open up a dialog (again something I've said before).  Offense can be an invitation to a conversation.  How in the world are we supposed to work things out and find common ground if there's no dialog?

I spent the first 34 years of my life trying to be everything to everyone all the time and it got me no where fast.  These days, I know who I am and Whose I am.  And if that offends someone, well then so be it. 

There's a line in the song 'I just showed up" by Sara Groves that goes:

I'm going to look you in the eyes

I'm going to listen and hear until it's finally clear and it changes our lives

Those are the kind of relationships I want. 
I hope you find something that fills you with beauty today.
 
Ciao.